Tips for Families
with Emergent Bilingual Students

translation icon

How can I translate online content from English to my preferred language?

On your computer, phone, or table, you can install Google Translate for free. Once installed, it can be used without internet connection. Google Translate can be used to translate text, handwriting, speech and websites.

Questions icon

What can I do if I'm having trouble understanding my child's school work?

It’s okay if you are unsure of how to help your child. Reach out to your child’s teacher or someone else at the school. Look for contact information from the school.

mealfinder icon

How can I find meals for my child?

Visit Square Meals Programs or the Texas PEBT site to find nearby locations of schools offering free school meals (both breakfast and lunch for pick-up) while school buildings are closed. 

internet icon

How can I set up internet so my child can connect to their school?

Speak to your child's school about securing a hotspot in case your child must attend school remotely.
devices icon

How can I change the language on my electronic device to my preferred language?

You can go into the “Settings” section of most computers, phones, and tablets to change the preferred language on the device.

Visit the Parents and Families page on for additional resources and support for your child.
Family Together