English Learner Support and Guidance Resources
- Bilingual/ESL Summer School Indicator (PDF) May 3, 2021
- 2021 English Learner Summer School Guidance and FAQ (PDF) April 8, 2021
- SY 2020-2021 English Learner FAQ (PDF) March 11, 2021
- 2020-2021 End-of-Year (EOY) LPAC Guidance Checklist (PDF) March 9, 2021
- Updated 2020-2021 English Learner Reclassification Criteria and Guidance (PDF) February 25, 2021
- SY 2020-2021 Title III, Part A FAQ (PDF) January 29, 2021
- 2020-2021 Middle-of-Year (MOY) LPAC Guidance Checklist (PDF) January 6, 2021
- SY 2020-2021 English Learner Implementation Guidance (PDF) August 6, 2020
- SY 2020-21 English Learner Guidance (LPAC) (PDF) November 19, 2020
- 2020-2021 Beginning-of-Year (BOY) LPAC Guidance Checklist (PDF)
- Internet Providers: Keeping Families Connected - English / Spanish (PDF) April 11, 2020
- Fact Sheet # 1 (PDF) July 17, 2020
- Fact Sheet # 2 (PDF) September 10, 2020
- Fact Sheet # 3 (PDF) December 1, 2020
- Fact Sheet # 4 (PDF) February 3, 2021
Support and guidance provided by TEA
- TEA is closely monitoring the novel Coronavirus outbreak. Please click below for important updates and guidance.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support and Guidance
- TEA is working closely with local partners to help students gain access to breakfast and lunch during the quarantine. Please click the link below for meal locations near you.
Texas School Meal Finder
- TEA has created a list of resources and FAQs to create general guidance for special populations. Please click on the link for resources.
Special Populations Guidance
- TEA has provided access to region specific guidance and resources to support instructional continuity in schools. Please click on the link for resources. COVID-19 Resources by Region
TEA is seeking video clips of instruction with English learners that is aligned to our new resource: 5 Instructional Methods for Teachers of English Leaners During Remote Learning. Selected videos will be featured on our EL Web Portal for statewide access, providing specific examples for how to engage and support ELs in any learning environment. If you have any questions, please email Carlene Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing to get ESL certified?
This course accompanies our TExES English as a Second Language (ESL) Supplemental #154 Preparation Manual. These resources are intended to equip Texas educators who desire to increase capacity in their districts and to enhance their existing ESL programs beyond minimum state requirements.